- Triage, assessment, and stabilization of trauma cases (hit by car, dog bite, lacerations, etc)
- Acute toxin ingestions
- Respiratory distress
- Orthopedic emergencies
- Seizure monitoring and treatment
Critical Care Medicine
- Exacerbation of a chronic condition such as arthritis, diabetes, kidney disease, Addison’s or Cushing’s, etc.
- Post-operative management of critical patients
- We see all exotics with the exception of non-human primates. Common conditions we treat in our exotics patients include: metabolic bone disease, viruses/yeast infections, GI stasis, dental pain, respiratory distress, hypoglycemia, dystocia, amputations, splinting of fractures, etc.
- Laceration repair
- Abdominal exploration (foreign body removal, gastropexy, cystotomy, mass removal, etc)
- Wound management (open-wound repair with bandaging using various techniques)
- Thoracic surgeries (lung lobectomy, foreign body removal)
- Cone beam CT scanning (skull, elbows, stifles, hocks, abdominal, brain, CT myelogram)
- Digital radiography (Advanced DR digital system)
- Digital ultrasound
- CBCs, chemistry panels, venous and arterial blood gases
- Quantitative cortisol, Total T4, and TSH levels (EVH is the only practice in the Ann Arbor area to offer these services)
- Snap test (to diagnose pancreatitis in cats and dogs, parvo virus, tickborne Disease, heartworm, and felv/FIV)
- Urinalysis evaluation
- Cytology review (ear swabs, fine needle aspirates of masses, etc)
End of Life Care/Services
If possible, please call ahead to discuss your pet's situation.
(available through referral from your regular veterinarian)
- Tonometry, oscillometric blood pressure, blood work, digital radiography, and digital ultrasound
Blood Bank services
- Canine-packed RBCs as well as fresh frozen plasma
- Feline and canine whole blood donors available
Call ahead to discuss your pet's specific needs.
EVH is an AAHA accredited practice. Our facility and staff has been evaluated on over 900 rigorous standards of care to ensure that patients are receiving care that meets or exceeds the established veterinary standards of high quality and compassionate care.