If you suspect your pet has ingested something toxic (chocolate, human medications, certain plants, cleaning chemicals, etc) then the best thing to do is contact the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at the number listed below. You will speak with a veterinarian trained in toxin ingestions who will be able to tell you if your pet needs to be seen by a veterinarian for treatment or not. There is a charge of $70 for this service, but it can be life saving. If they recommend your pet be evaluated by a veterinarian immediately please contact us and let us know you are on your way so we can be fully prepared for your pet’s arrival.